Intro to WBENC/WOSB Certification
WBENC‘s world-class certification is accepted by more than 1,000 corporations representing America’s most prestigious brands, in addition to many states, cities and other entities. WBENC is also an approved Third Party Certifier for the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contracting Program.
As one of fourteen Regional Partner Organization (RPO), Women’s Business Enterprise Council – Pacific (WBEC-Pacific) offers WBENC and WOSB Certifications to women-owned businesses in Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Northern California. WBEC-Pacific also offers WOSB certification in addition to WBENC certification at no extra cost after the company qualifies to become WBENC-certified and the majority woman owner is a US Citizen.
WBENC Certification validates that the business is 51 percent owned, controlled, operated, and managed by a woman or women. To achieve WBENC Certification, women-owned businesses complete a formal documentation and site visit process which is administered by one of WBENC’s 14 Regional Partner Organizations. WBENC Certification gives women-owned businesses the ability to compete for real-time business opportunities provided by WBENC Corporate Members and government agencies
Benefits of Certification
Access to a current list of supplier diversity and procurement executives at hundreds of major U.S. corporations and federal, state and local government entities that accept WBENC certification. WBENC is also an approved Third Party Certifier for the United States Small Business Administration (SBA) Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contracting Program.
- National recognition of WBENC-Certified WBEs by thousands of major U.S. corporations and federal, state and local government entities.
Formal and informal opportunities to pursue business deals with National and Regional Corporate Members and/or WBENC-Certified WBEs:
- WBEC-Pacific events.
- WBENC’s National Conference & Business Fair.
- Eligibility to participate in face-to-face MatchMaking Sessions.
- Eligibility to exhibit at WBENC’s annual National Conference & Business Fair.
- Informal networking and targeted marketing.
- WBENC Summit & Salute
- Informal networking and targeted marketing.
- Automatic inclusion in WBENCLink – WBENC’s Internet database of certified WBEs, which is accessible by WBENC’s Corporate Members and other certified WBEs across the country.
- Opportunities to partner with other WBENC-Certified WBEs to pursue other business opportunities.
Access to mentoring, education, and capacity development.
- WBEC-Pacific’s educational programming
- Eligibility to receive a Dorothy B. Brothers Scholarship.
- Eligibility to participate in the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth through the Tuck-WBENC Executive Program, brought to you by IBM.
- Workshops and keynotes at regional WBEC-Pacific and national WBENC events.
- WBEC-Pacific Training
- WBENCLink Training
- Conference Prep Webinar Series
Access to community support among WBENC certified WBEs.
Articles in WBENC’s President’s Report and WBENC News on the website.
Eligibility for WBEC-Pacific representation and national recognition as a Women’s Business Enterprise Star.
- Eligibility for recognition through WBENC’s Applause Award.
- Eligibility for International Luminary Award.
- Eligibility for recognition through the William J. Alcorn Leadership Award.
Promote Your Business
Use of the WBENC certified WBE seal on your marketing materials, which identifies your women’s business enterprise as certified through WBENC’s national Standards and Procedures.
Use of the Women Owned Logo on retail product packaging
Use of WBENC Press Release template to announcing your business as newly WBENC certified. (WBEs are responsible for submitting their press release to local media.)
Eligibility to promote your business through sponsorship of regional WBEC-Pacific events and WBENC national events. A number of promotional opportunities are provided in sponsorship packages, including WBE Chair opportunities, which are available and open to every WBENC-Certified WBE. Although only two WBE Co-Chairs are selected for each national WBENC event, this sponsorship opportunity includes year-long promotional and exposure benefits. For more information, contact email@example.com. For WBEC-Pacific event sponsorship opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community of Support
Informal networking at regional WBEC-Pacific and WBENC national events.
Participation in WBEC-Pacific Women in Construction (WIC), Women in Manufacturing (WIM), and Women in Technology (WIT) industry groups.
Participation in WBEC-Pacific’s Leadership Forum.
White papers and research developed on key women business issues.
- Opportunity to participate in surveys so your voice is represented on key issues.
Representation of women business issues in key forums.